Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Goodbye

This past few days have been a very sad time for Todd and his family. His grandmother (Em's great grandmother) had a sudden heart attack and passed away a couple of days later on Sunday. She was 94 years old and was mostly healthy right up to her last moments. She passed away peacefully and with all of her family surrounding her. Thankfully she was a Christian and is now in her Heavenly home. I wish I had a picture of Emerson with her great-grandma, but sadly I do not. However, Emerson's middle name was given after her own middle name (Mae). We had kept Emerson's name from everyone until she was born so at least something would be a surprise since we did find out what sex the baby was and did share that. The first time we (Emerson and I) saw her after Em was born, she told us how much she loved Emerson's name and was so surprised and happy that we had chosen to give Em her middle name.
Dear Great Grandma -
I'm so glad you got to see me and take
joy in watching me grow, even
though it was for such a short time.
I know I will not
remember you, but I will love to hear stories about you
and I will cherish that
we share a name. Thank you for your love and
especially for the legacy of loving the Lord that your gave to your family.
Love,
Emerson *Mae*





7 comments:

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

precious pics of em...
tell Todd that Kevin and I are both sorry for your loss...
it has been a sad week, hasn't it?
that was a beautiful letter you wrote - would you like me to write it in calligraphy so you can put it in her baby book? let me know :)
love ya...

Mandy said...

Sorry to hear about your loss Stef! What a precious letter! I am sure Em will hear many stories about her great grandma!

Aux Zero said...

My condolences. She's in a better place now. :)

bloghopping

jennie said...

I am so sorry to hear of your family's loss. Sharing her name is such a precious legacy for your daughter. And Emerson's letter is beautiful.
Take care:)

Not your Happily Ever After said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. We too just lost my grandmother not long ago and little Abby's middle name is after my grandmother. Believe it or not it's also Mae. Spelt exactly the same way.

Kristin said...

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. What a ownderful way to have her "live on". I love when people name people after others; it just shows that you thought that person was wonderful. Beautiful letter as well!

hien k. d. said...

my very heartfelt sympathies to you, dear Stef...i am sorry for you and your family. Mae is a beautiful name and this is a beautiful legacy that you have given to your daughter. i will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.