Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Leaves


We've been trying to savor the last bits of warm fall weather, so we spent some time just sitting out in the yard. Now that Em has been sitting so well, I thought she might like to try sitting in the grass. Well, she didn't like it... she loved it. At first, she just sat there like she didn't quite know what to do, but then every time she moved her feet a little, she would start laughing so hard. Then she crawled around a bit and eventually we moved to an area where there were lots of leaves on the ground. Emerson was thrilled! She loved picking up the leaves and "studying" them. I've begun to notice that when she is exposed to something that is new, she's very cautious and really does seem to try to understand what it is and what she can do with it. Well, she soon figured out that she could tear the leaves. I was very watchful of her handling the leaves for fear that many would end up in her mouth, but she really didn't even try to put any pieces in her mouth. Once a leaf would be torn apart, a new intact leaf was like a whole new surprise and the fun would start all over again. What fun we had!


3 comments:

jennie said...

I can almost hear her little laugh in the last pic. so cute! I cant believe she's not eating them!What a good girl!

hien k. d. said...

i love that last picture of her laughing, too, it's so cute! :) i just got your card in the mail - thanks Stef! :) nice to see your handwriting again, i always thought you had such pretty writing. hope that things are going well!!

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

I think that the top pic of her foot next to the leaf is awesome... just more to treasure!
I hope you have lots of scrapbooks!