This is another nickname we have for Emerson. I really don't know where it came from or exactly what prompted us to begin to call her a nut, but it just seems to fit her. She is a nut... she's all over the place and into everything. Goofy things make her laugh hard -- like socks! I never knew socks could be SO entertaining. Emerson really doesn't need any toys, she just needs socks to play with. She loves to pull them off her feet and then sit for long periods of time just shaking the sock (every so often putting it in her mouth, which isn't surprising, since everything eventually ends up in Em's mouth). She really loves it if you take her other sock and shake it with her and then roars with laughter if you drag the sock across her face. We (meaning me, since Em doesn't yet speak) came up with our own sock song (remember I'm in science, not music or any other activity that's too creative)... "
Shake, Shake, Shake. Shake you're SOOOCCCKKKK. (Repeat over and over and over and over...)"... which is another sure thing to bring about lots of giggles!
Another example of Emerson's nuttiness, is how she often ends up following asleep at nap time. First, let me say that she is an excellent sleeper both for naps and at bedtime. However, sometimes it seems that Em is so excited to be in crib for a nap that she "jumps" all around her bed talking to herself until she finally passes out. I always peek in on her once it seems to have been quiet for a few minutes, just to make sure she didn't fall asleep in some weird position or somehow got out of her crib (I know she really can't do this, but for some reason I just have it in my head that this is always a possibility). Well, the other day this is what I found...
Well, there she is... in her sleep sack, folded in half, two-fingers in, crib bumper untied, and laying on top of it! What a sight! I had to cover my mouth, step outside her room to laugh, and rush downstairs to get the camera (I was not going to miss getting this captured!).
3 comments:
I am sure I dont have to tell you how amazing all this recording is of Emerson's life.My "baby" is only 2 and I have very little memories of the little stuff like this! What a treasure this will be when she's older and what a resource for you if you decide to have another baby!
She is so funny, I can just imagine your sock games:)
If I were you, I would lower that crib matress. She seems to be quite a mover and a shaker!
oh my gosh... how in the world did the bumper ties get untied? Did she just pull it down? Her poor little neck, but that sleep sack looks very comfy! You captured a great moment! (and you ARE creative..do I need to remind you of your beautiful wedding programs that you made?)
How Cute are those pictures? Sounds like Emerson has quite the personality. Love the sock game. One of my sons loved tags. Anything that had a tag on it. He would sit and play with the tag.
Post a Comment