
We went on a search today for the Great Pumpkin. It was a gorgeous fall day (warm & sunny) so we decided it would be a perfect afternoon to take a drive over to Gene the Pumpkin Man's farm (this is how he refers to himself ... there's a huge pumpkin shaped sign on the side of his barn "Gene the Pumpkin Man"). This guy is really into pumpkins. His house, cars, and barns are ALL orange. There are fields full of pumpkins and lots of "pumpkin" themed things around for the kids. Gene himself always wears an orange cowboy shirt, boots and a big orange cowboy hat. There are lots of wagons (painted orange of course) to wheel around and collect the pumpkins you want, then you stand in line waiting for Gene to give you a price for the pumpkins. I think how much he charges is highly dependent on how cute your kids are. We paid $8 for 4 pumpkins and a dozen gourds! I think in years past Todd and I have paid almost $4 or $5 per pumpkin. I don't think Em knew quite what to do or think about these big orange things. I was a little nervous she'd react to them like she did the soccer ball, but she did good and tolerated me sitting her in the middle of some of the pumpkins to take her picture.

2 comments:
gene the pumpkin man is legendary! we were talking about him the other day at work, and one of my co-workers swore that this is THE place to go to. Maybe we should head out there sometime - what a deal!
Em's first pumpkin pics are of course adorable, she is so precious. How fun..I love the pic of you and her... she is a spitting image of you! I am glad that she did not react negatively..now I guess it is time to work on santa and christmas trees!
I love the pictures Stef! Your little girl sure is a cutie! Oh, don't worry about the tongue and eating thing...once she gets more and more tastes of all the good things she will be eating you out of house and home!
Post a Comment