Monday, October 6, 2008

Family & Friends

We had a fairly quiet weekend. Todd and I attended his grandmother's funeral on Saturday. We did not take Em with us, it would have been too distracting. As far as funerals go, I guess you could say it went well (short and sweet.... I think his grandmother would have been pleased). His grandfather even surprised everyone by getting up and sharing a couple of quick stories about her "serious side" and "funny side". He seems to be doing okay, all things considered.

Then on Sunday, Emerson and I went to Kara's 1st Birthday party. I was a little worried how Em would do especially since I was alone with her (Todd was caught up in doing some yard work and it really needed a lot, so I didn't want to make him go with me). Em did great! I was so impressed, she was super smiley and just played happily with one of her toys. She even didn't seem to mind all the people, noise, or someone else holding her. Lately, she has been really sensitive to people she doesn't know very well and will usually pout and begin to cry even if they only try to talk to her. Of course, I'm sure that being well rested and fed helped a lot... just before the party she had taken a 2 hour nap and then finished off an entire bottle!

We also had tons of laundry to do. Emerson helped with the folding. I still wonder how someone so little with such tiny clothes seems to have doubled (if not tripled) my weekly laundry load!

1 comment:

jennie said...

I hear ya on the laundry. I keep thinking that I could get one of those fabulous front loader washers in red that I might actually enjoy laundry(doubt it)!

BTW-LOVE your profile photo, beautiful!