Emerson started crawling (forward -- she has been able to move backwards for a week now) on Monday. Apparently she also crawled all the way across the floor at daycare... she had her eye fixed on something and went after it. This means they are now moving her up (already!!) to the "wobbler" room at daycare. I can't believe Em is already "graduating" from the infant room. I just got use to her caregiver (Sandy) and our little routine in that room. I'm not sure I'm ready for the change... I don't think it will impact Emerson a bit. She probably won't even realize she's in a different room, they pretty much have all the same toys as the infant room and for most of the summer she did spend an hour or so in this room.
In just a matter of a few days, she's all over the place. In no time, she went from crawling a few "steps" to going across an entire room. She seems to especially love going after one of the cats... I don't know why, but Lucy seems to be her favorite. Of course, she hasn't "caught" one yet. She's not exactly quiet or sneaky about her movements. In addition to all the crawling, Em can now sit up extremely well. She hasn't tipped over in about a week now.

Watching her go across the room is so funny. She has this completely uncoordinated, awkward crawl.... her arms go out to the side, fingers out, sometimes one leg is fully extended and then other times it looks like she's dragging the other leg... yet somehow, this all comes together and she actually goes quite fast. Oh, did I mention the entire time she has this enormous grin on her face? No more leaving Emerson to play on the floor while I try to get something done around the house! Especially since she has already gotten into the mail and my shoes...









2 comments:
how fun! she is so cute, Stef! it is pretty impressive how fast babies can get from one place to another once they learn they can crawl. ;)
Hi Stef. What a cute, adorable, little girl. I must say now that she has started crawling, your world will never be the same. It's amazing how things change and how your on the run so much more once they become mobile. Good luck!
Post a Comment