We were so blessed to have such a beautiful weekend for the last official weekend of the summer. Emerson and I took advantage of the great weather and sat outside for a while (of course, the camera was near by so I had to catch Em in her little hat). She seemed to enjoy picking at the grass. I was worried some would end up in her mouth (because everything goes to Em's mouth), but I think we made it through being outside without ingesting any grass. I just love the look of her from the back in her dress and hat.
We also did some more practicing with the sippy cup.
And while "talking" about her cup, I managed to actually get a shot of Em's teeth (if you look closely, you can see two bottom teeth)! They're hard to get a good glimpse of because she so often either has her tongue out or her fingers in. Also, note that the front of her dress is quite wet. I'm not sure if this is from water coming out of the cup or from all the drooling that came with trying to use the cup.
Of course, I can't resist a photo opportunity of the "two finger suck."
Here Emerson must have been right in the middle of telling quite a story...
And then she decided to show off her belly button. I guess it came from reading the Belly Button Book a few too many times.
On Sunday, we went to church (successfully navigating through the new electronic nursery check-in process in only a minute -- it took us almost 10 minutes last week) and then met Grandma & Grandpa R. and the Hagens for lunch. However, such a busy morning really tired Emerson out. She crashed hard after just a few minutes in her swing.
Upon waking, I introduced her to a new toy. She had fun playing with the new blocks.
I'm not sure what this look is, but it does have the sucked in lower lip that I love. I think she's saying "why don't you stop taking my picture and play with me." Okay... Let's play!















5 comments:
what a doll... she has changed so much since the last time I saw her!
It looks like you have this blogging thing down pat - good job, mommy!
PS - what a good way to celebrate your birthday :P
Could she be any cuter??? I just love that she sucks on two fingers and that sucking in her lip thing...precious!!!
Hope you had a great last weekend of summer...and birthday...thanks Jenn for the reminder!
hi Stef :) Emerson is so adorable. i love these pics, too! i love hats on little babes. sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!
Hi Stefanie, I found you via your comment on Mandy's blog. Your little girl is so adorable! Looks like you sure are having fun! I am so happy to have found you blogging:)
Jennie(Freed)Schultz
What a cutie!!! 3 of my 4 all sucked their fingers also...I was a thumb sucker myself!!! 2 of them use the same fingers and the same way as your DD and Sara has her fingers flipped so her palm faces up! (We are trying to break her (she will be 9 at the end of the month) of this habit, not as easy as just taking a binky away, you cannot take away fingers!!!)
Post a Comment