Monday, October 18, 2010

May 2010

May was a difficult month. I had to travel for work the 1st week (Washington D.C.), Todd was traveling for work the 2nd & 3rd week (I don't even remember where he had to go), and then I had a big trip for work the last week. We had anticipated it would be a very difficult month to juggle everything going on.

Em was so silly posing with her baby & duck...



So, my big trip was traveling to India. I've been working on a project for the last two years with the Perrigo team in India and needed to do an audit & meet with the team face to face. I was originally suppose to go in Feb 2008, but since I was due with Emerson at that time, another colleague took my place. The trip has been on & off again for the last 2 years. I had to travel there with our director & VP, which was a bit intimidating. Overall, the trip was a big success. It was very full schedule leaving no down time for sight seeing, but on the very last day I did get to go to one shop & see one area quickly. I think the schedule went something like this....
Friday leave,
Saturday arrive in Mumbai,
Sunday business meetings,
Monday business meeting with partner company R&D,
Tuesday travel to & from location of new Perrigo site (Ambernath) & then flying to Hyderbad, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday morning at the Perrigo site doing project meetings, training, interviewing & audits,
Friday afternoon flying from Hyderbad back to Mumbai, and finally very early Saturday departing for home

It was certainly an interesting trip to go on & hard to put into words what it was really like. It is a very different place than here. The people were very nice & welcoming, but there are so many people in the cities that traveling by car takes a very long time. It was extremely hot & humid. I did good with the food, avoiding anything too spicey & being careful to avoid fresh/uncooked foods. Thankfully, I did not get sick there or after returning home.

Here I am with my boss & the Perrigo staff in Hyderbad (they gave us a small good-bye party presenting us with flowers & a gift) -



A couple of my shots while in the car driving by a famous square in Hyderbad (I don't remember the name of this place, but the name is interpreted to mean "4 towers") -




I got home the day before Memorial day & we took Em to the zoo (let's just say, I was very tired, but so happy to be home & see this little face).



Em had a little camera in the her lunch & was "taking pictures" of the animals she saw. There was a peacock showing off right behind her...

No comments: