Saturday, October 16, 2010

December 2009 (Part 1)

As usual, December was another busy month. It started off with snow, which meant Em's first time really getting dressed for playing in the snow (we called her our "chocolate marshmallow"). She started off eager, but then you can see from her expression she was definitely ready to stop taking pictures & just go outside (can't you just imagine her saying "stop taking my picture & take me outside".



She did REFUSE to put on boots, so playing outside didn't last too long...



We did have a fun trip to the Meijer gardens with our friends to see all the Christmas trees & decorations and visit with the reindeer (that really didn't do anything but just lay on the ground)...



It was a good time, until this came along...



Yes, a GIANT cactus that Em happened to stumble just right & fall face first into. I was horrified (& scared to really look at her face). I remember scooping her up as fast as I could, grabbing kleenex & a water bottle. She didn't cry right away, I think she was just as shocked as I was over what had just happened. I dabbed at her face & was so thankful to find that she really wasn't cut & even more thankful that none of the spikes hit her eye.

This is was it looked like after a few minutes....


Then after a few more minutes the scrapes became puffy, making her face look so much worse. Needless to say, we were very ready to go home after this.



Thankfully, the next day her face looked so much better & you can see that she really was hardly cut.


No comments: