Last year Em was sick from an ear infection, so turning 1 wasn't too much fun for Em. She was even scared of her Birthday cupcakes, but this year we were hoping for a much more enjoyable day.
Her Birthday kicked off with her choice for dinner -- pizza & peas! Yum!
Then it was off to bath (especially to wash off the pizza sauce), p.j.'s, & back to the Birthday celebration with a special cupcake & gifts from Mommy & Daddy.
All in all, Em did good & seemed to have fun. She didn't care too much for her gifts beyond opening them, go figure.
A few days later, we had Em's Birthday party with family. Again, I was hoping for a year that was better than the one before. I had all the food prepped & ready to go in advance (we kept it simple with sandwiches, a cheeseball (Em's favorite), veggies & fruit). The cupcakes were decorated & ready for display (I made an attempt at butterfly cupcakes -- you can definitely tell they were homemade by an amateur, but they were yummy! We had issues the night before with dipping the pretzels. Todd was sure he had the right technique -- let's just say he made an emergency trip to the grocery store the morning of the party to buy pre-dipped pretzels.).
Em did okay at the start of the party, was excited to open one gift, but then was starting to act a little funny. I had a funny feeling about it, so I took her into the kitchen & she immediately vomited. Strike 2. The only good thing I can say about it is that at least she didn't throw up on anyone else (besides me) & it was it the kitchen so it was fairly quick to clean up & no one else got to witness it. She laid low for the rest of the party, but perked up later in the day.
Happy Birthday Em! I love you (milk chin & all!).
No comments:
Post a Comment