Monday, November 17, 2008

9 Months

Emerson -
I love how much more you've grown and learned to do over the past month.
I love how you're becoming more and more independent and wanting to do so much more (even though at times I already wish I could just freeze time to enjoy "now").
I love how you've tried so many new foods -- bananas, sweet peas, pears, carrots and peaches.
I love how you get so excited when you see a food that you really like (bananas are your favorite right now).
I love how Cheerios seem to frighten you (I think you don't like how they stick to your hands).
I love how you make icky faces when eating sweet peas, but still open wide with each spoon full.
I love that you completely relax when drinking a bottle with your arms up or behind your head and legs outstretched.
I love how easily you are now able to stand up holding on to anything -- the wall, the couch, Mommy and Daddy's legs.
I love that you race over to the steps when you see Mommy or Daddy go upstairs and start climbing to go after us. (Well, this one actually scares me a bit (especially since you climbed 4 whole steps with hardly any effort), but I love that you want to go after us).
I love how you recognize a new toy, squeal in delight at discovering something new, and work so hard at trying to figure out how it works.
I love that you enjoy music by "grooving" (looks more like a little butt wiggle) and bopping your head.
I love that you copy Mommy or Daddy when smacking lips or making silly sounds.
I love that you're learning how to wave bye-bye.
I love that you can't wait to take a bath. You stand at the side of the tub just waiting to go in while we undress you, you even try to pull your legs up to get in yourself.
I love that you want to "talk" and tell us great stories with so much animation and excitement.
I love how much you like to be tickled and tossed around, but that you also still like to snuggle.
I love that you love books and we get to have story time every night before going to bed.
I love that you know when Mommy or Daddy comes home and race to the door to greet us and want to be picked up and hugged.
Today you are 9 months old and I love you.

5 comments:

jennie said...

Motherhood is so good.
:)

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

so beautifully written, stef...
I have tears in my eyes!
way to savor those precious moments...

hien k. d. said...

i love the picture and love the post, Stef! :)

Mandy said...

9 Months already. It seems like just yesterday Jenny was telling me you had your baby girl! The pictures are awesome!

Kristin said...

What a wonderful post. Treasure these "young" moments...they go so fast!!!

I second Jennie, motherhood is so good!!! It just keeps getting better!!!!