Sunday, November 2, 2008

1st Halloween

What an amazing day! It was in the 70's in Kalamazoo. I can't ever remember a Halloween this warm. Most of our neighbors spent the evening sitting on their front porches to pass out candy, which just made for a very fun atmosphere of everyone having fun and enjoying all the kids.

We went for a little Halloween walk to check out every one's pumpkins and I thought Em would like seeing all the kids dressed up. Plus there's a house 1 street over that goes all out with their Halloween decor that I wanted to see (lots of giant spider webs, several big talking pumpkins, a graveyard, and tons of other Halloween themed things -- nothing scary, just fun). I don't think Emerson had any idea what was going on (she was tired and seemed a bit dazed throughout the walk) and she didn't quite make it through the entire walk before falling fast asleep.

I opted to not do a Halloween costume this year (since we weren't actually going trick-or-treating and I never expected to be spending the evening outdoors), but instead got her some pajamas with pumpkins all over (not to mention the big pumpkin on the butt -- I just love it!).


3 comments:

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

oh. my.. gosh.
so adorable!
Where on earth did you find that cute outfit? It's perfect!
I am so glad you had a great evening... the weather made it just that much better!
I cannot believe how well she is holding herself up - she has changed so much since I saw her last a few weeks ago!
Hope you had a great weekend...thanks for posting the pics!

jennie said...

Did the same thing with our kids, halloween pjs the 1st year! Those are super cute!

I might change my prediction to walking by Thanksgiving!
sorry mommy! You've got a bust body on your hands!

Not your Happily Ever After said...

Such a sweet photo of her sleeping. Love the pj's. Where do you keep finding these cute pj's with things on the butt? I need to find some for Abby. I love butt decorations. ok now that didn't sound too great. Em will be walking in no time. I predict between thanksgiving and Christmas.