Saturday, February 28, 2009

Party Day

The day of Emerson's party...
Amazingly Em slept all night (again) and actually slept until 9:00, which is about 2 hours later than normal. Thankfully, it gave us lots of time to get all the food prepped and last minute house cleaning completed. Em woke up in a great mood. Yeah!!! She took another nap before her party at 1:00. We cut it a little close. She woke up at 12:30 and had to get dressed and get her nose cleaned up (all the nasal congestion has meant lots of dried snot & boogies, which drive me crazy!) good before our guests started arriving. I had only a very brief moment to attempt to get a shot of Emerson ready to go (note how red her poor little nose is -- she needed a lot of wiping!). She also appears a bit dazed... I don't think she was quite awake yet.

Overall, I think the party went well. I wouldn't necessarily say that Em enjoyed it. More like she tolerated it. I don't think it even had much to do with having just been sick, but more with so many people that she doesn't see very often and not wanting to get too close. Plus, there was a mishap on my part (that I still feel so bad for) involving a squirmy baby and a chair in the wrong place (while attempting to put Em down because she was wiggling so much, I was responsible for her knocking her head on the edge of the chair). She was fine and didn't even have a mark, but it did result in several minutes of hard crying which was probably made worse by having "strangers" trying to help comfort her. A few more minutes of crying, cuddling and a bottle later, she was happy again. So we gave her a cupcake (well actually 2, one of each flavor) and watched anticipating a big mess to pursue. No such luck... Em didn't (again) enjoy her "treat". We tried. She gave the frosting a few licks and that was about it.



She did however like opening her gifts and put on a good show for everyone getting excited over the new toys and clothes (so many clothes!!). There was a p.j. set she got from Grandma & Grandpa R. that had a sparkly ice cream cone on the top that she would not let go of while opening her other gifts. Let's just say this little top was quite wet by the end of the day from being in Emerson's mouth so much. I guess she was trying to "lick" the ice cream cone! I even attempted to fold and stack her clothes when she immediately came over started throwing one item after another off the top of the stack until she came to that ice cream cone shirt and then took the shirt and went on her way.



My mom wanted to see Emerson inside the big gift bag...



Playing with her new toys...



Very tired after all the excitement (she slept for over 2 hours!)...

No comments: