Saturday, February 28, 2009

Emerson's Birthday...

... didn't go quite as expected. Poor girl came down with an ear infection that I think was triggered by a new tooth. I hate teeth! I had no idea what difficulties they cause and will never look at them the same again.

1 has not been too good to Em yet. She started getting sick on her actual birthday. It was no fun for her. We tried, but she didn't enjoy much of it. First, her present (a plush rocking lion named Rory) from Mommy & Daddy scared her and she cried. Second, her special cupcake was not liked and she cried more. Then we spent the next 3 days in a daze of no sleep, high fevers, vomiting, and runny noses. No fun for any of us.

The cupcake experience went downhill very fast...

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Teeth are the worse. Everytime my kids got a tooth, they would get an ear infection. Which meant no sleep for about 3 or 4 days for us! You had it much worse, with the vomitting! Poor Baby girl! Happy Birthday Emerson! I hope you feel better soon!!

jennie said...

Oh, Grady was sick on his 1st birthday too! Its so disappointing, but mostly for the parents;)

Hope the rest of her 2nd year is wonderful!