Wednesday, January 28, 2009

11 Months!

Last week Emerson hit the 11 month mark. Wow! I just can't believe it! This past month has been such a whirlwind with the all the holiday activities and then all the flu sickness in our house. Yet, in the midst of it all, Emerson continued to learn and grow and explore new things.

She's becoming a much better eater. She loves CHEESE! She gets a huge smile & laughs when she sees you pull out the bag of shredded cheese. Then she very carefully picks us one little piece of shredded cheese at a time and gobbles it all up.

She loves to CLIMB! She will try to pull herself up on anything and everything. Just when you think she's climbing up on your lap to snuggle, you quickly realize she's really just climbing into your lap so she can get a chance to climb up on to the couch or chair or table or whatever you're sitting close to.

She's getting really good at STANDING for longer periods of time without holding on to anything. She's able to just pop right up from a crouching position to standing. She's even starting to attempt a step.

With every month, it's been getting harder and harder to actually get a shot of Emerson laying on the couch with her teddy bear (so we can see how big she's getting in comparison to the bear) & month sign long enough without her moving or grabbing the sign to get a good picture. Well, this month it really didn't work at all. So I tried to just get one of her sitting next to the sign, but instead she decided to grab it and hold it up over her head. It was great and completely spontaneous. I am so glad I was able to get this shot... it's a perfect reflection of Emerson's personality!

3 comments:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

What a Cutie Pie!

Mandy said...

LOVE IT! What a great picture! She sure is a cutie!!!

Kristin said...

I LOVE that picture. could she possibly be any cuter??? I just love it!!!