I'm really looking forward to the holiday season this year, not that I haven't in years past, but I'm excited to be able to share it with my family. I think the holidays just have a different feel when their are kids around to share in the wonder of it all. Of course, we do and will always celebrate the true meaning of Christmas and in that we do experience the joy. However, I think the decorating, putting up a tree, baking, wrapping gifts, etc. is just more fun and means something different when it's for your family. A couple of years ago we didn't even put up a tree just because we got a late start on the holidays with our busy schedules and, by the time we did have an opportunity, we decided it really wasn't worth the effort. Well, this year is different. We got a jump start on the preparations by putting our tree up the day after Thanksgiving. The same weekend we did all our decorating and wrapping (yes, I even have just about all the Christmas shopping done!). I really looked forward to seeing how Emerson would respond to everything and the newness of it for her.Here is Em first approaching the tree...
.... but she didn't really react much to it and instead became focused on her socks (not too surprising!)!
Emerson did get an early present from a gifted seamstress. A family friend from back home
(who has longed for a grand-daughter to sew gifts for, but instead only has grandsons) seems to have somewhat "adopted" Emerson. Before Em was born she made her a bedding set, blankets, and baby books and has since sent along a few more blankets for her. She made Em a lovely Christmas gift -- a Raggedy Ann and Andy doll set (she even made a little dog). I think they are darling and am amazed someone has such talent! Em is a lucky little girl!
I always wonder how Em will react to new things (even more so since the soccer ball episode!), but fortunately she took right to the dolls. She especially seems to like their legs. I think it's because she can wrap her hand around them.
I always wonder how Em will react to new things (even more so since the soccer ball episode!), but fortunately she took right to the dolls. She especially seems to like their legs. I think it's because she can wrap her hand around them.
Then Em went on to play with a dish towel (who needs toys when there are towels and socks around?!)....
And finally to the wall.... (this is one of my new favorite photos)
.... which led to Emerson licking the wall.... what can I say?


1 comment:
Oh my goodness your hands are full...where did she learn to lick the wall?
You are indeed very blessed to have a family, and I am glad that you are enjoying every minute of it... you deserve it...
I love the dolls - how adorable are those? Em will treasure them forever, I am sure..
Have a good week... : )
Post a Comment