Monday, October 19, 2009

Waking Up

Here's Em waking up from a nap yesterday with lots of stretching. She wanted to wear her tutu to bed. She threw all her blankets and stuffed animals out of her crib, except her dear friend, Ladybug.

She's waken up in the middle of the night for the last two nights, so she had taken a really good nap during the afternoon. I wish I had been able to taken one, too! It was very hard to let her cry it out last night since now she calls for her "mama", which of course really pulled at my heart. It took about a 1/2 hour before she settled down and went back to sleep.

One night we even took her into our bed to try to get her back to sleep quickly. Well, not too surprising, she wiggled around for what seemed like forever! I lost track of how times I said "Shhhhhhh, It's night night time." She'd put her head back down for a minute or two before popping back up to talk and, again, I would say "shhhh, it's night night time." This went on over and over, until Todd eventually took her downstairs to play and settle down.

We're hoping for a good solid night of sleep tonight!

No comments: