Thursday, September 24, 2009

Weekend

We had a great weekend... much better than having to work, like the Labor Day weekend. I was able to take a half day off on Friday and take Emerson to the Carter's store in Holland. We spent a lot of time watching all the ducks and geese, did some shopping, and then back to watching the ducks and geese. From there, we went over to GR to visit Jen and Tyler. I thought Em would be very interested to see the new baby, but she was much more intrigued by the dog and a different house to explore. Once home we got some energy out running around outside. Em is getting more and more attached to bringing her things around with her. She insisted on bringing her baby and new purse outside.



The next day, Todd and I had plans to go out to a movie and dinner. I asked Em to get her things to go to Grandma's house. She quickly scooped up her purse, her bunny "bracelet", her baby, and her ladybug blankie and ran over to the door ready to go. She looked so funny with all her gear that I couldn't resist grabbing the camera. I asked her to give me some "cheese" and she went all out...


We had a very nice evening out. Enjoyed the movie (especially because we hadn't been out to see something since Em has been born) and dinner at the Melting Pot was lots of fun, took a long time (over 2 hours!), but fun and yummy!

No comments: