Miss "I don't want to sit on your lap anymore and want to sit by myself."
Miss "I want to pick which books we read for story times."
Miss "I want to hold my own bottle."
Miss "I want to put my shoes on by myself."
Miss "I want to comb my own hair."
Miss "I want to brush my teeth."
Emerson is continuing to want to do more and more on her own. It's great to see how much she can do, but a little sad at the same time that she doesn't need us to do everything for her. Not only is she doing more, but she has also "graduated" to the next daycare room. She's now an Orange Room Kid and no longer a Wobbler. In the Orange Room they no longer take naps in cribs, but have mats on the floor for naps. They also start more structured learning time. And other than missing Miss Sandy (her Infant Room & Wobbler Room teacher), she is doing really good in the Orange Room. I was so surprised to hear that she took right to sleeping on her mat like the rest of the kids. Here's the girl that spent almost the first 5 months of her life sleeping in a car seat or swing and now she's so quickly adapting well to these recent changes.
By the way, Emerson recently found her mittens from last winter and she been seen running all over the house wearing her mittens. Don't they look great with her sun-dress!?
3 comments:
I think the mittens complete the look!!!
What a big girl. As much as it makes you sad...it should make you happy that you are doing such a great job being her mom that she "knows" that you will ALWAYS be there and that she can do these things on her own!!
i just love this post, Stef. :) she is so cute! love to read about her growing up steps...
she is so stinkin' sweet...
and a spitting image of you!
what a great little girl she is...
Post a Comment