Saturday, April 4, 2009

1 Year Photos



Here are Em's 1 year photos... enjoy! Emerson is actually closer to 13 months when we had these pictures taken only because she was suffering from ear infections most of February. The first attempt to get her pictures taken did not go well... she cried, did want to stay or sit anywhere that was not my lap, nothing could distract her, and she especially did not want the photographer anywhere near her. Fortunately, the photographer was willing to let us take Emerson for a walk to get her to calm down and try again in an hour. I really didn't think this would do any good and probably even make Emerson more upset, but we decided to try since we were there already. Take two (to my amazement!) was much better. We also figured out that since Emerson is a yogurt bite addict, we could use this to our advantage (I don't know why we didn't think of this the 1st time?!). So, it may seem in a couple of the pics that Em is smiling sweetly, but she is really sucking on a yogurt bite! The photographer also came across a word that Emerson loves --- "bounce". So she was able to get lots of giggles.

Here's our little lady...

3 comments:

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

so beautiful, stef..she looks so much like you! Such a little lady, I cannot believe she is over a year already!

yogurt bites... I have to remember that. Thanks for calling the other night, it was great to talk to you! (Even though I had to cut it short to bust some students. Love my job...)

Kristin said...

She is so beautiful...just like her Mommy...

Great pictures and way to bribe!!!

hien k. d. said...

she is beautiful, Stef! :)