Well, it really is hard to believe it is not only November, but mid-November. It's been a crazy couple of weeks already.

I was also very happy to be back home in time for the beautiful weather. It was near 70dC for 3 days and we really enjoyed a lot of time outside. We spent hours outside playing in the leaves, visiting the park, swinging, and even went to the zoo! Em did so well playing outside and buzzing here and there. She was especially fun to watch at the zoo -- she loved being inside the aquarium area, we must have gone back & forth 100 times. Actually, it was more like Em bopping back & forth (when she runs, it's more like she bounces with her legs out side to side, arms up and lots of giggles) while I chased after her. She didn't seem to care too much about the penguins or fish, but really liked the steps & ramps inside the aquarium.
We also got the leaves raked up (when I say we, I really mean Todd did most of the work -- I clipped back some plants and kept Emerson busy). Em got her first experience with leaf piles. She just marched right in and helped daddy by carrying a few leaves for him.



No Halloween for us since I had to travel for work, it was cold & rainy, and Emerson never warmed up to her butterfly costume... maybe next year!
I spent the first week of November in Veijle, Denmark. It was a quick trip for work. I had to leave on Halloween and arrived in Veijle the next day. We worked for 3 full days and then left VERY early (4:00 a.m.) the next day, arriving home (finally!) about 20 hours later! For having gone so far away, I really didn't get to see much of anything around Veijle. It appeared to be a nice town -- very clean, great restaurants, cute shops, and very friendly people. Unfortunately, it was dark and foggy every morning and by the time we were done working each day, it was getting dark and all the shops close at 5:00. We did get about 1 hour on our last day to visit a few shops -- I picked up some handmade beaded snowflake ornaments and a Lego set for Emerson since it is an authentic Danish item (Lego's headquarters & main manufacturing site is about 20 miles outside of Veijle). I couldn't even take any pictures because it was so dark. Maybe, we'll get a chance to go again some day for a visit. I missed Emerson & Todd tremendously. I really didn't want to leave and to top it off, I only had about 2 weeks advance notice that I needed to go, so it was a bit hectic preparing to go, and I caught a cold the day I had to leave. It was nice being able to fly in business class and I watched more movies on the flights that I have seen in the last 2 years! And, to my amazement, I had no flight delays -- every flight was on time, which hardly ever happens! All things considered and despite having a cold, the trip was very successful (from a business standpoint). Needless to say, I was more than ready to be home. In fact, I was practically in tears while I was driving home from the airport because I was so happy to see Emerson and missed her so much. Fortunately, I was able to make it home before Em went to bed. Here's Em checking out her official Denmark souvenir (a Lego set)...
I was also very happy to be back home in time for the beautiful weather. It was near 70dC for 3 days and we really enjoyed a lot of time outside. We spent hours outside playing in the leaves, visiting the park, swinging, and even went to the zoo! Em did so well playing outside and buzzing here and there. She was especially fun to watch at the zoo -- she loved being inside the aquarium area, we must have gone back & forth 100 times. Actually, it was more like Em bopping back & forth (when she runs, it's more like she bounces with her legs out side to side, arms up and lots of giggles) while I chased after her. She didn't seem to care too much about the penguins or fish, but really liked the steps & ramps inside the aquarium.
We also got the leaves raked up (when I say we, I really mean Todd did most of the work -- I clipped back some plants and kept Emerson busy). Em got her first experience with leaf piles. She just marched right in and helped daddy by carrying a few leaves for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment