Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Evening Out


Todd and I got a rare afternoon/evening out by ourselves this weekend thanks to my mom for coming down and taking care of Emerson. It's been about 6 months from the last time we got to go out together! I've almost forgotten what it's like to go out without packing and planning what we need to bring for Em to keep her fed and entertained long enough for us to actually eat.

It was very nice to not have to worry about rushing through a meal because Em will not stay in the high chair or is constantly throwing things around. We went down to Shipshewana for a few hours to visit the little shops and eat at the Blue Gate. The weather was absolutely perfect for walking around town, the wait at the restaurant was short, and the food was great! However, it seems that we couldn't escape the evening without some kind of mishap. Only a few minutes after sitting down to eat, I make a complete mess by knocking over my drink. I thought I had escaped most of the mess with it only hitting the edge of my seat. Little did I know, until we were getting up to leave, that some had actually run across the entire seat and I had a nice wet streak running down the back of my skirt. Nice! I have no idea how I didn't feel or notice it sooner. I never do something like this and you'd think that with all the motion we typically have at a table with trying to feed Em and myself at the same time without any spills (at least not yet... knock on wood!) that this spill could have been avoided. Well, I didn't let it spoil anything and just tied my coat around my waist and went on with it.

Thanks to my mom for "insisting" on coming down and thanks to Todd for planning a nice break for us!

1 comment:

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

I am so glad that you had a fun night out... you two deserve it!
Sweet pic of Em & Todd too -
: )
love ya!